Change is never easy

Especially for a nervous person such as myself. One particular RI spot that is embedded into my consciousness is that "nervous people don't like change."

Two of our family friends might be moving. One friend might move out of the country and another, just across town. My son loves to play with the kids from both families and I don't make friends all that easily.

So I felt unsettled by the news. I knew, for a few minutes, that they were moving all because of me (fearful temper), and I thought, "How dare they leave?" (angry temper). I was genuinely annoyed and really only thought about how it would affect me if they moved. This self-centeredness is a great example of "taking my own dear self too seriously," another fitting RI spot.

Over the years in RI, I've learned I cannot control the outer environment and that there is no danger in change - oftentimes it leads to something better. I took lots of secure thoughts that we'll still see the family who is moving across town and, as for the family moving to another county, well, there's email.

Comments

  1. hi, NG--more high-average spotting of your tempers and thoughts! It's a startle that your friends are moving. You're entitled to your original reaction and are acting responsibly by practicing the Recovery method on it--not working it up, not coddling your feelings, not indulging in the luxury of temper. Which we can't afford to do. Our supreme goal is mental health!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're making your mental health a business. And I bet you have a lot of friends in your Recovery group :) Endorse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nervous Girl,

    I especially liked the self-honesty in your spotting. Good Job!

    All my best,

    Cliff Brown

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I definitely should have seen the startle in the news that my friends are moving. And it's average for friends to move away, even far away. Thanks for all the comments.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The 4th of July--A great opportunity to bear the discomfort

"The Wisdom of Dr. Low"

Reminder Symptoms